LOG or TIMBER HOME BUILDING PLANS
When choosing to use our design & engineering services for your home, we always start a project by developing a 3D model of the home and completing the process by having an engineer structurally design it based upon where you are building. Custom design makes your home look the way you want it to, structural engineering (to your sites requirements) insures that your home will resist the elements year after year and so you will be able to obtain a building permit. We are proud to say, we engineer every home we design so you to can have the same confidence we do that your home is designed right and is designed to last!
Our plans are always broken down into design, engineering and the building plans.
Engineering the home for your site specific requirements of roof snow load, wind load and seismic load is critical for the home to stand and be safe for the long run. Our engineer (who is a registered engineer in your state) performs the engineering from the foundation to the roof creating a booklet of calculations. Elements of the booklet are transferred into the plans so the plans reflects the engineering requirements. The engineer then stamps the plans and stands behind them. The plans and the the booklet are then submitted into your county jurisdiction for you to obtain your permit.
Your building plans are the conclusion of your barn design and the structural engineering. The following is a list of elements (pages) our plans always includes making your plans ready for you to submit into your county to obtain a building permit:
Below are sample pages of what our plans look like:
- Notes - structural & non structural
- Details - structural & non structural
- Floor plan layout - all floors
- Elevations - all (4) sides
- Cross sections - at least (1)
- Foundation plan - structural
- Floor Framing - structural (main floor, loft floor & deck framing)
- Roof Framing - structural (main & porch roof)
- Engineering - structural booklet and stamped for your specific state
- Blueprinting & printing - blueprinting and shipping during the building permit process always yielding 5 sets of plans and a pdf digital copy
- Energy calculations - California only and potentially optional for other states
- Site plan - optional (approximate cost is between $250 to $500)
- Gas piping plan - optional (approximate cost is between $250 to $500)
- Solar & off-grid systems - we know enough to discuss your options but we don't design the systems
Sierra Log & Timber is a proud member of the American Institute of Building design