LOG or TIMBER BARN BUILDING PLANS
When choosing to use our design & engineering services for your barn, we always start a project by developing a 3D model of the barn and completing the process by having an engineer structurally design it based upon where you are building. Custom design makes your barn look the way you want it to, structural engineering (to your sites requirements) insures that your barn will resist the elements year after year. We are proud to say, we engineer every barn we design so you to can have the same confidence we do that your barn is designed right and is designed to last!
Our plans are always broken down into design, engineering and the building plans.
We develop the barn layout from ground up based upon your use and style requirements. Then we model the type of barn you desire such as a Monitor, Gambrel, Ranch, etc. The process produces 3D photo realistic images that we share with you. We also create 2D drafting images (line drawings) of the elevations and layout for your complete understanding of what your barn looks like and how it is laid out.
We start the design process with "design retainer" fee that is credited towards to the engineered set of plans. The actual fee is based upon the size and intensity of the design desired, it ranges from $500 to $3500. The actual fee for your project will be listed on your proposal.
Below are sample 3D photo realistic design images:
Engineering the barn for your site specific requirements of roof snow load, wind load and seismic load is critical for the barn to stand and be safe for the long run. Especially when the barn is going to be used for social venues. Our engineer (who is a registered engineer in your state) performs the engineering from the foundation to the roof creating a booklet of calculations. Elements of the booklet are transferred into the plans so the plans reflects the engineering requirements and then then the engineer stamps and stands behind the plans. The plans and the the booklet are then submitted into your county jurisdiction for you to obtain your permit.
Your building plans are the conclusion of your barn design and the structural engineering. The following is a list of elements (pages) our plans always includes making your plans ready for you to submit into your county to obtain a building permit:
Below are sample pages of what our plans look like:
- Notes - structural & non structural
- Details - structural & non structural
- Floor plan layout - all floors
- Elevations - all (4) sides
- Cross sections - at least (1)
- Foundation plan - structural
- Floor - structural
- Roof Framing - structural
- Engineering - structural booklet and stamped for your specific state
- Blueprinting & printing - blueprinting and shipping during the building permit process always yielding 5 sets & pdf copy
- Energy calculations - California only and potentially optional for other states
- Site plan - optional (approximate cost is between $250 to $500)
- Gas piping plan - optional (approximate cost is between $250 to $500)
- Solar & off-grid systems - we know enough to discuss your options but we don't design the systems
Sierra Log & Timber is a proud member of the American Institute of Building design