LOG & TIMBER BARN PACKAGES
Your Custom Barn Kit From Sierra Log & Timber
Barns are not just for horses and hay anymore. Today's barn uses are so much more: Homes, apartments, wedding venues, art studios, man caves, she shacks, studios, not to mention very elaborate equine facilities. At Sierra Log & Timber, we custom design every barn to exactly what is desired. It does not mean we are more expensive. In fact, through design, we can strategically tailor your barn's look, functionality and size to your budget. Whether you choose one of our barn designs or bring us a concept, we custom design your barn from ground up and make it visually feel real using 3D photo realistic modeling.
We create every log or timber barn package to the exact specifications of each client. Your custom barn package comes with the building materials and design services necessary to construct your log or timber barn bundled together. Often referred to as a “package” or “kit,” our California log barn kits are designed and assembled on the West Coast and shipped to clients all over the nation and even internationally. With painstaking attention to detail and uncompromising quality, Sierra Log & Timber is the company to choose for your custom log or timber barn project.
What's Included in My Custom Barn Package?
A "package" or "kit" contains your log barn home's design services & building materials bundled together. Your California log barn package can be a bundle described by the following three categories:
DESIGN & ENGINEERING (Plans Package) - Custom barn design and the creation of an engineered set of building plans
BUILDING PRODUCTS WE MANUFACTURE (Base Log/Timber Package) - Wall & gable logs, sidings, post, headers, rail, etc.
BUILDING PRODUCTS WE DISTRIBUTE (Dry-In Package) - Sundries, hardware, conventional framing materials, etc.
The products we manufacture here at Sierra Log & Timber are the foundation for every Oregon log or timber barn package we sell. Design, engineering, and other building materials do not have to be purchased from us. The reason we offer and usually provide these components is so you have better budget control, more efficient project development, and a more enjoyable experience for the complex process of building a custom log or timber barn.
Breakdown of Your Log/Timber Barn Package
Your log or timber home package will be customized and unique to you, with its contents itemized in a "Log or Timber Home Proposal” tailored to your specific requirements. For example, because we offer a number of different types of wall systems including SIP (structural insulated panels) and conventional wall framing, your package will contain specific building materials. Click on the categories below for a detailed breakdown.
Design & Engineering (Plans Package)
3D photo realistic modeling - Creates 3D images of the barn in the log profile and size you are desiring to use
Site based engineering & booklet of calculations - Every building is engineered to fulfill your sites requirement of snow load, wind load, climate and seismic zones by a state licensed engineer
Building Plans (blueprints) - Your engineered, stamped plans will include both the non-structural and structural pages ready for your county submittal. (see Plans page for details)
Log or Timber Products We Manufacture (Base Log/Timber Package)
This is the foundation of your log or timber barn package. This list is a general list of components and where they are used. Your actual package may not have all of these components, and again you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Barn Proposal" for your list of materials:
- Structural log or timber parts - Logs or timbers that will be used for posts, purlins, rafters, headers, trusses, joists, beams ridges, etc. in the following areas of the barn: Lofts, roofs, porches, decks, carports etc. Every package is different; refer to your "Log or Timber Barn Proposal" for your list of materials.
- Decor & misc logs or timbers - Logs or timbers that will be used for: Siding, decking, soffits, vaulted ceilings, window/door buck, fascia, trim, stairs, railings, mantles, decor elements, etc. Every package is different; refer to your "Log or Timber Barn Proposal" for your list of materials.
- Building Plans (blueprints) - Your engineered stamped plans will include both the non-structural and structural pages ready for your county submittal. (See plans page for details.)
- Assembly hardware & sundries package - We are proud to have the most robust sundries package offered. Every package is different, you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Barn Proposal" for your list of materials:
- Log or timber wall frame assembly - Fasteners, threaded rod
- Construction hardware - Deck, floor and roof connection hardware, fasteners, custom plate hardware (decor and structural)
- Log wall cleaning & preparation products - Log wash, armor guard (sodium borate anti-bug treatment)
- Window/door installation products - Flexible flashing, metal flashing, fasteners, caulk, trowelable membrane caulk, expandable foam
- General construction products - Flexible flashing, wall & roof waterproofing membrane, fasteners, caulk
- Tools - job box, cordless caulking gun, auger bits & our unique "mobile hardware store"
Products We Distribute (Dry-In Materials Package)
We can add on to your base log or timber package materials to achieve a "dry-in" or "weathertight" barn shell. Your actual package may not have all of these components, and again you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Barn Proposal" for your list of materials:
- Floor framing
- Deck framing
- Roof framing
- Wall framing (interior & exterior)
- Windows & exterior doors
- Specialty construction hardware
- Stain (interior & exterior) and chinking/caulking
- Specialty weatherproofing products
OUR GUARANTEES & WARRANTIES
Our goal is our clients' satisfaction and peace of mind. We offer all of our clients good, solid, realistic guarantee and warrantee programs so you can move forward with confidence.
PRODUCTION GUARANTEE - This is a satisfaction guarantee promise that you are happy with what we have produced and what you have received.
STRUCTURAL GRADE & SPECIES GUARANTEE - This relates to the structural grade of the wood promised. Because we are a TPI grading subscriber, the wood will be stamped with its appropriate species and grade as called out either by the plans or the "Log or Timber Home Proposal" agreement.