LOG & TIMBER HOME PACKAGING
Build Your Custom Log Home with Sierra Log & Timber
At Sierra Log & Timber, we facilitate the custom home building process for our customers from beginning to end. Our service is known for being the most personal with the best value.
Ultimate flexibility and customization—this is your custom home.
Our standard process of designing and packaging your log or timber home is based on your personal, architectural, budget, and site requirements. Simply stated, we custom design your home, the log or timber components, the structural platforms, and the building material package to your exact requirements.
What's Included in My Custom Log Home Package?
Building materials & design services bundled together for your log or timber home are called a “package” or a “kit” (they are the same thing). Your California log home package can be a bundle described by the following three categories:
DESIGN & ENGINEERING (Plans Package) - Custom home design and the creation of an engineered set of building plans
BUILDING PRODUCTS WE MANUFACTURE (Base Log/Timber Package) - Wall & gable logs, sidings, post, headers, rail, etc.
BUILDING PRODUCTS WE DISTRIBUTE (Dry-In Package) - Sundries, hardware, conventional framing materials, etc.
Products we manufacture are the foundation for every package we sell. Design, engineering, and other building materials do not have to be purchased from us. The reason we offer and usually provide these components is to yield you better budget control, more efficient project development, and a more enjoyable experience for the complex process of building a custom home.
Breakdown of Your Log/Timber Home Package
Your log or timber home package will be customized and unique to you, with its contents itemized in a "Log or Timber Home Proposal” tailored to your specific requirements. For example, because we offer a number of different types of wall systems including SIP (structural insulated panels) and conventional wall framing, your package will contain specific building materials. Click on the categories below for a detailed breakdown.
Design & Engineering (Plans Package)
- 3D photo realistic modeling - Creates 3D images of the home in the log profile and size you are desiring to use
- Site based engineering & booklet of calculations - every home is engineered to fulfill your sites requirement of snow load, wind load, climate and seismic zones by a state licensed engineer
- Building Plans (blueprints) - Your engineered, stamped plans will include both the non-structural and structural pages ready for your county submittal. (see Plans page for details)
Log or Timber Products We Manufacture (Base Log/Timber Package)
This is the foundation of your log or timber home package. This list is a general list of components and where they are used. Your actual package may not have all of these components, and again you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Home Proposal" for your list of materials:
- Wall, gable & dormer logs or timbers - Logs or timbers that will be used in the walls and also in gables and dormers. The type of log chosen will also include the type of corner systems used (each type of wall log has unique types of corner systems).
- Structural log or timber parts - Logs or timbers that will be used for posts, purlins, rafters, headers, trusses, joists, beams ridges, etc. in the following areas of the home: lofts, roofs, porches, decks, carports etc. Every package is different, you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Home Proposal" for your list of materials.
- Decor & Miscellaneous logs or timbers – Logs or timbers that will be used for: siding, decking, soffits, vaulted ceilings, window/door buck, fascia, trim, stairs, railings, mantles, decor elements, etc. Every package is different, you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Home Proposal" for your list of materials.
- Assembly hardware & sundries package - We are proud to have the most robust sundries package offered. Every package is different, you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Home Proposal" for your list of materials:
- Log wall assembly - Fasteners, threaded rod, gasket, caulking, adhesive, splines
- Construction hardware - Deck, floor and roof connection hardware, fasteners, custom plate hardware (decor and structural)
- Log wall cleaning & preparation products - Log wash, armor guard (sodium borate anti bug treatment)
- Window/door installation products - Flexible flashing, metal flashing, fasteners, caulk, trowelable membrane caulk, expandable foam
- General construction products - Flexible flashing, wall & roof waterproofing membrane, fasteners, caulk
- Tool - Job box, cordless caulking gun, auger bits & our unique "mobile hardware store"
Products We Distribute (Dry-In Materials Package)
We can add on to your base log or timber package materials to achieve a "dry-in" or "weathertight" home shell. Your actual package may not have all of these components, and again you will have to refer to your "Log or Timber Home Proposal" for your list of materials.
- Floor framing
- Deck framing
- Roof framing
- Wall framing (interior & exterior)
- Windows & exterior doors
- Specialty construction hardware
- Stain (interior & exterior) and chinking/caulking
- Specialty weatherproofing products
OUR GUARANTEES & WARRANTIES
Our goal is our clients' satisfaction and peace of mind. We offer all of our clients good, solid, realistic guarantee and warrantee programs so you can move forward with confidence.
PRODUCTION GUARANTEE - This is a satisfaction guarantee promise that you are happy with what we have produced and what you have received.
STRUCTURAL GRADE & SPECIES GUARANTEE - This relates to the structural grade of the wood promised. Because we are a TPI grading subscriber, the wood will be stamped with its appropriate species and grade as called out either by the plans or the "Log or Timber Home Proposal" agreement.